DIY (Do It Yourself) In Workday: Employee Self Service
We held a live Webinar for this Functional Overview on March 31, 2022. This session included a question and answer session, as well as an overview of many of the resources on this page.
You can watch the full webinar session by clicking the button below, or you can explore the resources on this page to get a brief overview of what was covered.
Understanding The Worker Profile
The Worker Profile is where all your information sits in Workday. It is where you can view information like:
- Preferred and Legal Name
- Emergency Contacts
- Personal Information*
- Pronouns (optional)
- Your compensation
*Key Considerations for Personal Information
- Optional fields include Gender Details, Pronouns, Sexual Orientation, and Race/Ethnicity.
- Personal information will be visible only to certain central roles in Workday (e.g., HR). You can opt in to make your pronouns public to anyone with access to Workday.
- Identity-related personal information would only be used for aggregate data for business purposes and reporting at the institution level.
Using Workday Mobile
The Workday app is an optional app to download on Android or Apple devices. Workday is also accessible via compatible browsers on mobile devices.
What You Can Do:
- View your time off balances and request time off
- View and update your personal information
- Enroll in learning courses and manage your enrollments
- Access your Workday Inbox
- Review and approve most business processes on-the-go
- Receive and view Workday notifications from your phone
Understanding the Worker Profile:
Change Your Emergency Contact:
Add Your Pronouns:
Change Your Display Language:
Featured Glossary Terms
Employee Self Service
The ability for an Employee as Self or Contingent Worker as Self to initiate a transaction on their own. This includes:
- tasks and business processes that you can initiate in Workday, such as managing your personal and contact information
- access to your own information, such as your job title, manager, compensation, and personal data
A quick view of each individual Worker's demographic, job, and organization information. Worker data is viewable in the different tabs of the Worker profile, and view/edit access to this data depends on one's security role access.